The social networks are all aflutter this week with news of the latest video app – Vine. Twitter announced on it’s blog:
Today, we’re introducing Vine: a mobile service that lets you capture and share short looping videos. Like Tweets, the brevity of videos on Vine (6 seconds or less) inspires creativity. Now that you can easily capture motion and sound, we look forward to seeing what you create.
Much like Instagram is now on Facebook’s team, Twitter was surely feeling under the gun to create its own photos and/or video sharing app, and Vine has a lot of potential.
If you haven’t seen it yet, you can download it for the iPhone or iPad here. The beauty of this app is the:
- Ease of use
- Ability to capture multiple shots (in just 6 seconds)
For real estate pros, there are certainly dozens, if not hundreds of video apps available, but there are some great opportunities to use Vine as an agent or a broker. First and foremost, I do not think Vine will replace any professional video. But, I do think where Vine has an extraordinary opportunity is the opportunity to create quick, bite-sized content on the fly – as a part of your overall content strategy.
Here are five quick ideas:
- Celebrating moments. I could see a fun Vine made up of a shot of the happy homeowner at the title office, signing the papers, holding up the set of keys, shot of the kids, shot of the SOLD sign rider being held up. One of the best parts of real estate is the moment when you just made your client’s dreams come true!
- Introducing a feature of a home. Vine is not a good app for a home tour – but I think it would be awesome to give a glimpse; a glimpse of an amazing backyard or kitchen – highlighting 4 or 5 different angles.
- Showcasing your team at a sales meeting. How about a few quick shots of a few agents milling around, smiling, hanging out, on the phone or checking their messages? It’s an easy way to get the message across that you have a fun team.
- What you are working on. How do you tell people who you are without telling them what you do? Show them! Working on 3 deals at the same time? Do a quick Vine of your computer, your iPad, the app you use for your contracts – show how you can work quickly and multi-task using technology.
- Educational events. Every time you go to an educational event; whether it is your local association or Inman Connect – take the opportunity to showcase the fact that you are investing in yourself and your business. Events provide an easy opportunity to create quick content. Take a vine of a speaker on stage, the notes you are taking on Evernote, and a scan of the crowd.
One thing to note, you can’t take a partial Vine and then finish it later. The point is to shoot it in the moment.
An important thing to note though, as in all new technology, it is important to take the time to evaluate it and make sure it makes sense for you and your business. Just because something is hot and new, doesn’t mean it is neccesarily for everyone – especially in real estate or any industry!